Saturday, February 7, 2009

one.

I've been thinking alot recently about my life here in Sydney; all the decisions, sacrifices and opportunities that have transpired to put me here. While I think now that my decision to uproot and seek a new life in Sydney was a tad hasty, I still believe it was the right decision.

My career was going nowhere, and my love life was a joke. I needed a way out. While I would have prefered to have been able to support my move, I knew never to turn down an offer to help. Coming to Sydney allowed me the opportunity to venture on my own and seek a better life for myself. I feel sad sometimes that I don't get to see my family and life back home has moved on without me. I have missed important dates and events, friends have gotten married, some have children, while I regret my not being there, I am also happy that things have turned out well for them.

I have settled here. Work is hard and tiring, but I am happy. I see a purpose for all the hard work, and I have a dream that I want to pursue.

Never give up, never surrender.


No comments:

Post a Comment